Tuesday 7 September 2010

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my tack

Funny how relatively small things can bring so much happiness! LOL

I have been using the Free n Easy Endurance Pro Lite saddle since June now, and it is just the best saddle I have ever owned. Full stop.

Rubi seems totally happy and comfortable in it. No slipping issues with it at all. He's totally fine about being tacked up and mounted; happy to stand rock solid for both. Now that I have a breast plate for him, I ride with a relatively loose girth, which he seems to prefer as well. He bowls along at any pace in it, up and down steep hills with no slipping. I have lost count of the times it has totally saved my ass when he puts in one of his mega-spooks because the seat is so secure and it has large knee rolls to tuck my legs behind. And it is so, so comfortable on my backside too!

I just LOVE that piece of kit!

We've also just got a new endurance bridle and breastplate in black and forest green and he looks very smart in his new gear. Ready for his first competition on (hopefully!) 3rd October. Just a 20km ride at 10 - 12 km/hr. We are hoping that some friends will also be going to the ride so we have some company to ride out.

No comments:

Post a Comment